All of these clubs are part of TISKA (Traditional International Shotokan Karate Association)
Sensei G Sahota was born in 1960 in Kenya, East Africa, but has lived in Bedford, England since he was 12. He took up Karate at the age of 14 and was awarded Black Belt 1st Dan (Shodan) 4 years later.
Sensei G Sahota opened his first club in Luton/Dunstable in 1981, and this is now the association Hombu (Headquarters). In 1993 having been a teacher of the art for many years, he then formed his own association, TRADITIONAL INTERNATIONAL SHOTOKAN KARATE ASSOCIATION (TISKA) and he now has a wide network of clubs throughout the United Kingdom and abroad.
Welcome to our Website. All the above clubs were established in the past few years and are under the instruction of Mr C Gregory (4th Dan), who started Karate at the age of 14. Our club members come from varied backgrounds and started karate for many different reasons eg. Fitness, Confidence, Discipline, Self Defence, Bullying or just social. Our clubs continue to grow with a good retention of students, families and individuals.
Summer Holiday Lesson Times
TISKA Hendon - 5pm to 6pm
TISKA London Colney - 5pm to 6pm
TISKA Mill Hill - 6pm to 7pm
TISKA Edgware - 6pm to 7pm
TISKA Finchley - 9am to 10am
TISKA Hornsey - 2pm - 3pm
Please contact us for more details. Club locations can be found below.
2 FREE Trial Lessons
For Every New Beginner
New Beginner's Classes
Reserve your place now!!
You are welcome to start before these dates if you wish. Please contact us to discuss the best class for you!
- TISKA Hornsey - Saturday 13th September
- 1.30pm - 2.15pm Beginner's (Juniors and Seniors)
- Park Road Leisure Centre, Park Road, Hornsey, N8 8JN
- TISKA Finchley - Saturday 13th September
- 10.45am - 11.30am Beginner's (Juniors and Seniors)
- Woodhouse College, Woodhouse Road, Finchley, N12 9EP
- TISKA Hendon - Tuesday 9th September
- 4.30pm - 5.15pm Juniors (4 - 10yrs)
- 5.15pm - 6.00pm Seniors (11yrs to Adults)
- Hendon Leisure Centre, Marble Drive, Hendon, NW2 1XQ
- TISKA Mill Hill - Thursday 11th September
- 5.45pm - 6.30pm Juniors (4 - 10yrs)
- 6.30pm - 7.30pm Seniors (11yrs to Adults)
- Copthall School, Pursley Road, Mill Hill, NW7 2EP
- TISKA Edgware - Friday 12th September
- 5.30pm - 6.15pm Juniors (4 - 10yrs)
- 6.15pm - 7.00pm Juniors (11 - 13yrs)
- 7.00pm - 8.00pm Seniors (14yrs to Adults)
- Canons Sports Centre, Dalkeith Grove, Edgware, HA7 4SQ
Buy the Book!
Beginner to Black Belt
This handbook a must for all students. Everything you need to know explained in a step by step easy to follow manner, warm up
defence techniques, sparring, all kicks, blocks and striking techniques plus 16 katas. This handbook will guide you right through to Black Belt.
Visit the main Tiska website for more information
Grading Application Form
Grading application forms are available to download from the gradings page or ask your Instructor. Gradings take place quarterly at your nearest region by the Chief Instructor of TISKA.
Details of the coloured belt system and the syllabus for each are available here by clicking on the button.